A few days before Jackson's 2nd birthday (July 3rd), we were determined to get him potty trained. He's a smart kid, and we figured he'd be easy to potty train. Boy, were we wrong! For three days, we were stuck at home, cleaning up pee (He never successfully went on the potty. The only time he peed on the potty was during a crying fit when he scared it out of himself!), and dealing with a screaming, crying child every time we put him on the potty. He would cry and want us to hug him and sing to him every time he sat down. He was so scared. After three days, I told Jeff that I had enough and Jackson definitely wasn't ready. He is now back in diapers. We'll try again in a few months.
The day before his birthday was when we put him back in diapers, and it was wonderful. He was back to his old self and loving life. Poor kid. I'm glad we didn't traumatize him. I just hope he wants to actually try using the potty in a few months and doesn't remember what it was like this time around.
Right after putting him back in diapers, we ventured outside for a walk. Jackson was loving it!
He was allowed on the couch again because he had a diaper on. He sure did miss his blankets!!!
A few days before his birthday, Jeff's family got together to celebrate June and July birthdays. I made a yummy cake for the occasion.
Singing Happy Birthday...
Blowing out some candles...
Super happy he blew it out...
Opening fun presents from Jeff's family. He got a lot of fun gifts!
Aunt Weedle sent Jackson this super fun water tower table. Jackson LOVES it! The first day, I think he played with it for 2 hours straight!
On his actual birthday, we went to Sea World for some fun in the sweltering heat.
For some reason, when he's in the stroller, he likes to sit like this.
Playing a game for his birthday...
I can't believe our little guy is 2 already! He makes us laugh and brings so much joy to our lives!








1 comment:
Poor Jackson. One thing I have learned is when they are ready, it is so much easier! if he has no desire by the time he is three, introduce it again. one day, he will just want to go and get it. he looks like his daddin'!!
Post a Comment