Is 2015 really here already?!?! The years just seem to go by faster and faster the older I get...especially once kids came into the picture. We had a great 2014, and we are looking forward to all that 2015 brings! We're heading to Pennsylvania this month to visit my family, and we are SO excited! I can't wait for everyone to meet Collin and to see how big Jackson has gotten since we last visited 16 months ago!
We had a great Christmas this year. On Christmas Eve, we decided to take some family pictures. Here are some of our favorite ones...
(Notice how Duffy is in our pictures. He's pretty much a designated part of our family!)
This was the morning of Christmas Eve, but I'm too lazy to move it above our family pictures so it goes in order. Jackson loves snowmen, and this snowman was acting as his hat for the morning.
We decided to go to the duck pond and feed the ducks. There were SO many. Jackson loved it. Best 88 cents spent! (For the bread.)
Notice the Monopoly game? Random gifts were scattered around the pond for people to take. The outside of the card said, "For You! Yes, You!" Inside it said, "Enjoy the moment...#givepresence". I'm not sure exactly what it was all for (I haven't looked into it yet), but we were thankful for the game of Monopoly we found! Thanks, random strangers!
Christmas morning was fun. Jackson enjoyed opening the presents he got. He liked opening the gifts more than the actual gift inside, but I think that's typical for his age. We didn't get Collin anything. He's too little. I said that I gave him the gift of life, and that was good enough this year. Ha ha! Jeff and I didn't get each other anything either since we just bought a house. Maybe next year...It's always more fun watching kids open presents anyways.
This was Collin during the gift opening process. Milk coma!
Jeff's gift from my sister and her family...Poo-Dough! Gross!
After opening gifts, we decided to go to the park to try out some of the things Jackson received. When Jeff stood up from putting on his shoes, he had something hanging from his butt. I shouldn't have told him it was there.
On our way to the park...
Jackson got a helmet for Christmas, but it didn't fit. He has a large head (takes after my side of the family), and despite the 3+ age on the helmet, it's way too small. We have to get a bigger one.
Later Christmas Day, we went to Jeff's Dad's house for dinner with the family. Jackson was having so much fun with this "microphone". He and his cousins, Sarah and Max, were singing Jingle Bells. and haveing a blast. I love the pure joy these pictures captured!
I was a scrooge and took my tree and decorations down the day after Christmas. We don't have a big living room, and the tree took up so much space. I was ready for less mess and more space to move around. Everything always looks so big and clean after taking everything down.
Jackson loves his little brother!
I love the random way babies can sleep.
Cute outfit from my brother and sister-in-law. My brother, Levi, was a HUGE TMNT fan when he was little, and when Collin was born, he and Ashley sent this cute outfit.
It's still a little big, but I think it's adorable! Turtle Power!
























1 comment:
Fun post! There are so many ducks!! That was a really sweet thing for someone to put random gifts around the park. great idea. Love that little Ninja turtle outfit, adorable.
Can't wait to see you!!!!
Post a Comment