Friday, May 16, 2008

I am a working woman!!!

I FOUND A JOB!!!! Crazy thing how it all worked out, too! I was getting really frustrated with the whole job hunt because nobody wanted me! I decided to try an employment agency, so I went in on Wednesday to this place called On Call. Normally you are supposed to fill out an application online first before they will interview you, but I didn't know this. They were nice enough and allowed me to interview on the spot. Heidi, the lady who interviewed me, was super nice and told me right away that she had the perfect job in mind for me. I received a call a few hours later telling me I had an interview on Thursday.

So, Thursday comes and I go to the place which is called Jay Robb Enterprises. Everyone is super nice, and the building is gorgeous! It is 21,000 square feet....MASSIVE!!! The interview went so well, and I felt very confident and comfortable. Well, not even 15 minutes after the interview, I got a call telling me the position was all mine! Insane!

Jay Robb Enterprises is a company that has been in business for about 20 years now. They sell protein shakes, bars, and vitamins.....health stuff so it's pretty much up my alley! :-) I will be their administrative assistant/receptionist. I also got a call today from On Call telling me they want to offer me $1.00 more than they originally told me! How cool is that!!!! I start Monday, and I can't wait! I hope they like me, and I hope I like the job! I have to dress business professional, so I had to go out to get a few new things. Good thing work starts Monday so I can start getting paychecks again to pay for all of this!

Check out their website at www.jayrobb.com.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Yay, Sheena! I'm glad you found something. Send a little of your luck this way for Steve - he's waited 4 months!!