Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Getting ready...

We had our hospital tour on Saturday.  We found out where we need to go when I go into labor and the whole process once I get there.  The tour was good for both Jeff and me, and we feel a little more comfortable with what to expect.  We haven't taken any classes to prepare for little Jackson to arrive, and I don't think we're going to.  I've heard so many different opinions on them (Either "I'm so glad I took them"  or  "They didn't help much").  I think we're just going to hope for the best and say a lot of prayers that I'll be ok!  I've learned that pregnancy is so different for everyone anyways, and I imagine that delivery is, too.

These days, I've been feeling huge.  People tell me I'm tiny, but I don't see it or believe it.  I was talking to Jeff about it the other night.  He said, "Well, your legs and arms are tiny, but your stomach isn't."  Is that what everyone means when they make this comment?  Because, if they mean my stomach is tiny, they must be lying.  Ha!  I feel like I could pop open any day now.  I don't see how in the world my stomach can stretch any more!  But, I'm sure it will.

We've been getting Jackson's room all put together.  We have our crib, swing, glider, bookshelf/storage, and everything is washed and ready to go.  Now, we just need to paint and put pictures on the walls.  It's looking super cute.  I'll post pictures when it's all done.

Just a few more weeks to go....

1 comment:

Rachel DeFreese said...

I am glad that you have low expectations for delivery and realize that they are all different. I thought that you pushed your baby out, snuggled him and lived happily ever after.... I am glad that you are more realistic than I. I didn't take the birth classes and delivery was just fine for me. The whole taking my baby away from me, was not fine.

I hope that all goes well for you! It is soooo exciting to see your baby for the first time and to love him soooo much soooo quickly! You'll be an excellent mom and your body will go back :)