Saturday, April 12, 2014

Forts!

On Jeff's days off last week, we went to the zoo.  As always, Jackson loved the hippos.  

We even saw a hippo character taking pictures.  Random, but we had to get a picture anyways!

 Jackson HATES the swing!!!  If we try to put him in it, he cries.  We decided to give it a go this time, and to our amazement, he did ok.  Granted, Jeff held on to him the whole time, but that's a definite improvement!  He even let Jeff walk away so I could capture the moment...and he was actually smiling!!!


We watch Frozen every single day at our house.  We don't ever watch the whole thing in one sitting, though.  We usually watch 20-30 minutes either in the morning or before bedtime.  I'm a stickler on TV time!  And, Jackson is usually done after that amount of time anyways.  He has to be holding something while watching the movie, and this day, it was all five of his pirates. Usually, it's Timon and Pumbaa.

Jeff introduced Jackson to the fun world of forts!  He loved it!  This is Jackson's first fort built by Jeff.

This is the one I created when Jeff was working one day.

Then, the other day, Jeff brought out his tent.  Jackson had a blast with it!!!

He decided he needed to bring every toy from his room and put them in or around the tent.  We're thinking a kid tent might be a good idea for Easter.  They are only like $20 at Walmart, and you can use them indoors and outdoors.  How fun would one of those be at the park or at the beach!?!?  Jackson would love it!!!


I've been extremely tired with this pregnancy, and sometimes, I just have to rest.  I laid down after playing in the tent, and Jeff started massaging my head.  Jackson soon joined in.  

Then, he gave me the sweetest hug.  I love him so much!!!  I can't wait to see him with the baby!



2 comments:

weedle11 said...

Definitely get the kids tent. you won't regret it. Especially if it will keep him entertained and you could grab a quick nap! :)

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

You look like Kara in the last picture! Kids love tents. True Story. That hippo was cute.