Friday, July 18, 2008

If I had a million dollars...or maybe a few...

I would do some good in the world. I would make a difference. I would help and teach others who are less fortunate. I would help them learn how to eat healthy and exercise to prevent starvation and malnutrition. I would help them find the resources in their areas to stay healthy.


I would set up schools to teach knowledge to those who do not have access or the privilege to learn things. I would help them with their talents and skills and help them to be the best they can be. I would help them make a difference in the world!


I would help clean up the world. I would make sure recycling programs were set up everywhere, and I would make sure the program was easy so everyone would want to participate. I would help pick up trash and clean up our water and air. The earth is such an amazing place, and people need to start treating it with respect.


There are so many things people with money could be doing to help others. Instead of buying that $500 million home, why not buy a $5 million home and use the other $495 million to make a difference in the world.

Instead of buying that $50,000 purse or that $4 million ring, feed the hungry. Clothe the naked. Give money to someone to get a college education.


It makes me sick to think of all the money people spend on themselves so selfishly! I want to help so badly, but I can’t. I can hardly pay my own bills, let alone help others get by. Someday.


That’s my little soapbox for now. I’ve been having really strong feelings on this lately, and I wanted to share. Someone told me that Bill Gates’ home was bought for $500 million! Is a house that expensive really necessary to be happy in life? I think not!!!


Here’s to all those who live paycheck to paycheck but wish they could make a difference somehow…

3 comments:

weedle11 said...

Bill Gates has raised more than $16 billion for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to fight inequality around the world. That's slightly more than the $500 million he spent on his house. Bill Gates farts $500 million, but still manages to do some good with the other money coming out of his butt every day. Google search it. -Joel

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I am right on that soap box with you. You are really getting deep on you thoughts out there in California. I know what you mean though. Those who barely get by, we know what it is to have the desire to do more if we only had more. We just need to count our blessings and do what we can to pay it forward. (Oh, and hope that our children will hit it BIG and share the wealth. )

Sheena said...

Well, Joelsephina, I'm proud of Bill Gates for doing good. My point was about all those other people who spend the money on themselves and don't give a crap about people starving in other countries and those who really need it. That's all. Props to Bill, but think of the good he could do with all the money he wasted on his house!!! Geesh!