Monday, August 22, 2011

Karaoke and other recent fun...

We had a fun weekend with some really great friends.  We went to this place called Min Sok Chon and got our karaoke on.  We rented a private room for an hour and had a blast singing our hearts out.  It was only $40/hour, and we had 5 couples.  So, $8/couple...not too shabby!  We heard some Barbie Girl, Mmmbop, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, and lots of other fun songs.  It was a good time!  Of course, we forgot our camera, but some people got  footage, so maybe I can steal it from them and post it for everyone to see. 

We've been playing a lot of our new favorite game, Qwirkle.  We love it!


We bought a new blender.  We received ours as a wedding gift, and we used it every single day to make smoothies and protein drinks.  It was good to us, but it finally broke. The blade broke right off. I like the red base on our new one.  It helps add some color to our kitchen.

We've been watching 24 again.  We stopped for a long time during season 3 because I hated the story line.  So, we decided to skip the rest of season 3 and go right into season 4.  It was a good decision.  We're really liking it again.


We watched The Village.  Have you seen it?  I used to think it was really weird, but I liked it a lot better the second time around.  Jeff LOVED it. 

Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Oooooo KARAOKE!!!! I LOVE karaoke! How FUN!!

weedle11 said...

I loved The Village. Karaoke sounds fun. I'm not much of a singer in front of people though. Never played quirkle. How do you play? I might have to try it.

Sheena said...

Weedle, Qwirkle kind of reminds me of Scrabble, in a way, but with colors and shapes. It's about strategy, but it's not hard. We love it!