Monday, August 8, 2011

US Open and Planet of the Apes...

Jeff and I were able to attend part of the US Open this past weekend in La Costa.  Our friends had some tickets they couldn't use, so we were the lucky ones to receive them!  (Thanks Matt and Kendra!!!!)  We had a blast!  Professional tennis is so rad.  Some of the serves were 105mph according to the board on the court that kept track of these things.  I think my serves may be 10 mph if I'm lucky.  Ha!

The women we saw competing were Ana Ivonovic and Vera Zvonareva.  We were rooting for Ivonovic because we liked her name and because I liked that she was wearing fun colors.  Zvonareva had on boring white.

We weren't allowed to take in cameras, but Jeff snuck this picture on his cell phone before the match started.  You can see the ladies warming up!

Tennis is cool!

We also saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes this weekend.  It was SO good!  Go see it!  You won't be disappointed!



2 comments:

Sondra said...

I can't believe I didn't see you, I was cheering Ana on too! And if you zoom in you can see my mom and I in your picture!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Only the high society go to US Open tennis matches. LOL It would be fun to go to one. And I am glad you Googled the Planet of the Apes movie with Mark Wahlberg, and you agree with me about the girl ape looking like Michael Jackson after plastic surgery. hee hee hee

And Sheena, I LOVE your hair!!