Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Songs...

Do random or made-up songs ever get stuck in your head?  I mean, REALLY get stuck in your head?  We're talking years later, you're still singing them?  I love random songs.  Jeff and I make them up all the time.  I like to sing Harry Potter spells opera style.  I like to sing about anything and everything.  It's fun.  Try it sometime. 

Speaking of songs getting stuck in your head, here are a few I will always remember...

A few years ago, a good friend of mine, Karey Vaughn, was leaving to go on her mission.  In honor of her going away to serve the Lord, we sang the hymn "Carry On" in Sunday School. But every time we sang "carry on" we changed it to "Karey Vaughn".  I told Jeff about this, and now every time we sing that hymn in church, we sing it as "Karey Vaughn." 

Back home in PA, I know a funny guy named Joe Hinzy.  One time, he sang a song about a big rig.  It goes something like this:  "There are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 wheels on a big rig."  I have no idea why this one has stuck with me over the years, but I love it!

My aunt Diane passed away in 2006 from cancer.  Joe (same guy as above) told us that the Tim McGraw song, "Live Like You Were Dyin'" sounded like "live like you were DIANE".  I really liked it, and every time I hear the song, I think of Diane.  I like this random song a lot!!!!

When I was young (we're talking maybe 8 years old), I made up a song about my sister, Weedle.  It was about a black bikini.  I can't reveal this song's lyrics because it's a family secret, but maybe I'll sing it for you sometime if you ask.  Funny thing about this one is that Weedle never even had a black bikini.  Ha!  My family even remembers this song.  I love it!   

What random songs do you sing or get stuck in your head?

1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Chewbacca, Chewbacca, Chewbacca, Chewbacca,Cha-bing, Cha-bing!! HA HA HA HA HA While doing the moonwalk!!