Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sewing Machine...

Jeff and I decided it would be a good idea to purchase a sewing machine.  Neither one of us really knows how to sew, but we thought it would be fun...well, mostly Jeff thought it would be fun.  He's looking forward to making Halloween costumes for us. I, on the other hand, get very discouraged when trying to figure stuff out that I have no idea how to do. I told Jeff that he can figure it all out and then teach me.

We were quite a site at Joanne's Fabric trying to purchase thread for our machine. We had no idea what the difference among all the varieties was, if any, and Jeff ended up asking a complete stranger for help.

Once we took our newly purchased thread home, Jeff figured out what he was doing, and he even hemmed the new pair of pants I bought for work. He did a great job!!!

2 comments:

The Price's said...

i just got my sewing machine out! haven't sewn in years so it's been a learning experience for me. made marlie a sundress and am hoping to start making the girls some other clothes too. happy sewing!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I could have given you my sewing machine. I NEVER use it. But I keep it cause maybe someday.......