Wednesday, March 12, 2014

It's been a while....

I haven't blogged in a while, but I have a good excuse this time.  Jeff had 9 days off from work, and we were too busy having fun for me to blog!!!  But, today, it's back to reality.  Jeff went back to work, and Jackson and I are back to the normal routine.  So, now is a good time to catch you up on our lives from the past couple of weeks.

To start, I've recently started taking organ lessons from a woman in my church.  She approached me and asked if I would like free lessons!  It's quite different from the piano because there are three lines of music to read and three keyboards to play at times...one for the right hand, one for the left, and one for the foot.  I had no idea there was a completely different keyboard for the foot!  I've had four lessons so far, though, and it's going well.  I was a bit frustrated at first, but I just have to be patient with myself.

In the days leading up to Jeff's days off, Jackson and I had a lot of fun on our own.  We played with lots of Play-Doh during this time.  Jackson always asks me to make things, but I have no artistic ability in me WHAT-SO-EVER!  Here's my version of Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, and Chip from Beauty and the Beast.  We've purchased cookie cutters since then so now, all I have to do is roll and cut and a perfectly shaped object comes out.  Oh, to have some artistic ability would be nice!  Oh well!

We went to the mall to play in the play area and to ride the train.  Our time in the play area didn't last more than 3 minutes, though, because of a bully kid.  Jackson was innocently going down the slide when this kid came down behind him and started pushing him with his feet.  Then, mean kid goes in front of Jackson and pushes him IN THE FACE with his hand!  Jackson fell off the slide and hit his cheek on the ground.  Of course, he started crying.  The parents of mean kid were right there and said NOTHING!  I gave the mom the meanest look I could muster up.  It must have worked somewhat because she gave me the weakest "sorry" ever!  

Then, after this incident, mean kid was playing by some sea stars on the wall.  Jackson innocently went over and started playing beside him.  That's when mean kid pushed him again!  Jackson came over to me kind of crying and said, "All done play ground."  He had had enough!  All day, and for a few days after that, he would say, "Boy pushed Jackson. Ouch!"  Those were his exact words.  I know kids can be mean sometimes, but what really got to me was the fact that the parents said NOTHING!  That mean kid is going to just keep getting worse unless he gets corrected and learns the proper way to act.  Poor, sweet Jackson.  

We rode the train after that, and he was a happy boy!  He loves Thomas the Train (what he calls every train he sees.)



 We had fun burying Jackson in his stuffed animals.  I'm really surprised he let me do this!

 Jackson looked super cute for church!

Jackson's snack.  He loves apples, but most of the time, he wants them whole. 
 


Next post...our days off with Jeff!


3 comments:

Elmer said...

That's so cool you're taking organ lessons. I've been playing the organ for sacrament meeting for about a year and a half now and have no idea what I'm doing. I had never even touched one before so I've just been winging it and trying to figure it out on my own. I should probably look into lessons.

Lissy said...

Love the pictures! Jackson is growing up so fast, and that picture of you together is so cute - you look wonderful! Hate when parents don't step in and teach their little ones how to behave in the moment -I've been so lucky to have some really great moms to have play dates with, it's so hard to know what to do when you don't know the people. Sounds like
Jackson knew just what to do! So cute!

Unknown said...

He's getting so big. What a cutie! Charlotte likes her apples whole too. Silly kids. :-)