Friday, August 15, 2014

Stuffed animals

Jackson LOVES stuffed animals.  He always carries them around, hugs them, and is constantly saying, "He's so cute!"  The other night while I was finishing up dinner, Jackson sat down at the table waiting patiently for his food.  Here's what I found when I took our food over a few minutes later...

 I wasn't expecting guests at dinner.  ;)



On a different note, we are having some major sleep issues in this house.  Jackson REFUSES to go to sleep at night and for his naps.  He gets out of bed as soon as we leave the room.  He'll lay by the door crying, or he'll come out and lay in the hallway.  When we put him back in his room, he just does it all over again.  He eventually gets to the point where he cries himself to sleep...on the floor  But, then, he wakes up a couple of hours later and starts the whole process all over again.  

In the middle of the night, he'll come into our room.  We were putting him back in his bed, but after 3 HOURS straight of doing this the other night, we stopped taking him back.  We don't put him in our bed...I REFUSE to do this.  Instead, he just finds different spots on the floor to sleep.  It's ridiculous!  He's not getting enough sleep.  WE are not getting enough sleep.  I'm going crazy!  

He won't nap during the day either. He says he doesn't need to sleep. We talked today about getting a gate to put in front of his door so he can't come out.  Or, my friend mentioned a child proof door handle thing so he can't open the door.  We're desperate.....does anyone have any advice or suggestions for us????  Any thoughts or ideas are welcome because we've run out!  Thank you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We've had similar issues with Charlotte. She's just barely 2 and naps pretty well if I sit next to her bed for a min. At night we had to put a baby proof lock on the inside. We tell her we'll keep the door open if she doesn't come out but she often does. For a while she cried and now she asks is to close it. Weird. Another tip I've seen is to take a cheap door and cut it in half so that you can flip the lock and close it but the top still open so he's not completely shut in and scared. Obviously you couldn't do this until you move into your house though. Sleep is so hard we all need it!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I love the dinner guests!!!