Saturday, August 16, 2014

Waffles, baby names, and gates...

Before I forget, some friends were asking where we are moving to.  We're moving to Temecula.  :)

Jackson is on a waffle kick these days.  We make homemade waffles about once a week, and there are always leftovers.  Jackson makes sure he finishes them off as the week goes by, though.  He likes them with peanut butter.  

Earlier this week, he wanted waffles and fruit (he LOVES fruit).  I also had some leftover cooked carrots in the fridge (we call them "soft carrots").  He insisted on those with his breakfast.  He also asked for peas, but I told him he already had enough on his plate.  But, hey, he can have vegetables for every meal if he wants!  :)



Books are another thing Jackson LOVES!!!  Nina sent him some books, and he sure was happy to get them!  We've read them about fifty times already.  Nothing beats snuggling on the couch, holding Jackson, and reading him books!  Sometimes, I read about 15 books in a row.  Sometimes, he asks for the same book to be read over and over and over again. (Not my favorite thing.) But, it's our special time together, and I know that someday, he'll be all grown up.  So, I'm enjoying these book reading times together!


We were at the playground tonight after dinner, and Jackson was peeking over the slide talking to me.  I loved it!

On a different note...I'm almost 27 weeks pregnant.  I feel huge, and it's definitely becoming harder to get more comfortable when I sleep.  And, this heat is killing me!  It's been so hot lately!!!  But, on the bright side...we FINALLY picked a name for our little boy!  Collin David Burns.  Collin with two L's because I like it better that way.  It looks less like colon.  Ha!  David is after Jeff's dad.  It's also Jeff's middle name.  Whenever we ask Jackson what his baby brother's name is, he doesn't hesitate to say, "Collin David Burns".  

One more random thing for this post.  We decided to buy a gate for Jackson's room.  Last night was the first night we had it up.  He asks for his door to stay open, so we had a gate and a half open door.  He didn't cry at all when putting him to bed.  He got up twice during the night and came to the gate.  But, I went in, told him it wasn't time to get up, and put him back to bed.  No fighting or crying.  He woke up at 6:15am this morning and played in his room for a while (not very quietly, though) until I went in to get him.  He was so proud of himself for sleeping in his bed.  He had the biggest smile on his face.  I was happy to get a little extra sleep compared to the past few weeks.  

Nap time wasn't quite as easy.  He didn't cry, and I still put the gate up, but he got out of bed.  I heard him by the gate for a while, but then he fell asleep on the floor.  I'll take it, though!  So far, so good in my book!




1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I love the name Collin David!
Jackson is the healthiest eating kid I know. You can be proud of yourself. By this age most kids just want junk. Glad the gate is working. You need the sleep.