Well, things have been looking up for us lately. Thank goodness! It's easy to get down and depressed when so many things go wrong. It's in those moments when I have trouble counting my blessings. But, that is exactly what needs to happen. We are so blessed in so many ways. Sure, life isn't perfect, but we need to focus on the good!
So, what's so good? Well, we found a house we like in an awesome location!!! (We haven't actually seen the inside. I'm going to look at it tomorrow for the first time.) We put in an offer since the pictures looked good. They countered our offer, but it wasn't too bad of a counter, so we accepted contingent on seeing the inside. I have to go by myself to see the house since Jeff needs to sleep before work, but if all goes well, we could soon have a place of our own!!!
I really, really, REALLY hope the inside is descent because we are extremely ready to get out of an apartment, have more space, and have a backyard to play in. When we say our prayers, we pray that we can find a house, and Jackson always says, "With a backyard!"
The other day, Jackson was pretending to talk to Jeff's sister, Autumn, on an old cell phone. He said, "I'm just trying to buy a house here...with a backyard!" We were cracking up! He obviously wants a yard, too!
Here are some pictures to enjoy...of course, they are all of Jackson. I've realized that once you have kids, most of the pictures on your blog are of the kids. I'm glad I've noticed it on other blogs and not just mine.
I had an appointment one day, so Jeff took Jackson to the park. I got this cute picture while I was waiting...
Jackson is refusing to take naps again. He used to be good at staying in his bed and not getting out until we went in to get him, but he soon realized he is very capable of getting out himself. :( So, he gets out and just wants to play. We're trying to teach him that if he gets out, he has to play QUIETLY. I know he's in need of a nap, but I guess playing is more important to him at this age.
One day, I didn't hear much noise coming from his room, and when I peeked in, this is what I found. The mess is a common occurrence during nap time, but the sleeping boy is not. He slept like that for a couple of hours!
He really likes my sunglasses these days.
We went to the zoo yesterday, and Jackson wanted to play with the gorilla statues for the longest time. He gave lots of hugs to this statue. He's such a sweet boy...most of the time. :)
Today, Jeff showed Jackson our wedding picture hanging on our wall. He briefly explained about us getting married. A few minutes later, Jackson was all wrapped up in this blanket saying that he was getting married.
I'll keep you posted on our house stuff. Oh, and on a random note...I didn't buy any maternity clothes with Jackson. I bought a few shirts in a bigger size, but I didn't want to spend the money on expensive maternity clothes. Well, since I'm bigger this time around, and since I'm pregnant during the summer months with this baby, I don't have much to wear, especially in terms of shorts/capris. I have two pairs of shorts that fit ok when standing, but the minute I sit, they dig into my belly. Not comfortable.
Tonight, I broke down and bought a pair of maternity capris at Walmart (the very last pair!). The minute I put them on, I was thinking, "Why did I wait so long to buy a pair of these?!?!" They were so comfortable!!! I also got a maternity shirt. I'm amazed at how it fits around my belly. Such comfort! :)







1 comment:
I pray for you to find a house everyday too. I didn't get the memo about adding a backyard to my prayer. hee hee hee
Post a Comment