Friday, September 9, 2011

The Help

Jeff and I decided to see The Help on Monday night.  We felt like seeing a movie, and I had heard really good things about it.  I started reading the book a while back, but it didn't draw me in, so I stopped about 1/3 - 1/2 the way through.  I thought maybe the movie would be better. 

So, what did I think?  I give it 3 out of 5 stars.  It was entertaining enough, but it really didn't do anything for me.  My sister-in-law said when she saw it, the people in the theater laughed, cried, clapped, and hollered out loud.  I didn't feel any of those things.  Sure, I laughed a few times and got a little teary-eyed at a part or two, but I don't think it was as good as some people thought.  Jeff liked it more than me.  He gave it a strong 3.5 out of 5 stars.

What did you think?

 

1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I thought it was very good. I haven't read the book. I want to though. It was a very heart wrenching movie I thought. Sad that that is how blacks were treated and in my lifetime!