Jeff and I splurged a few months ago and bought a Vitamix, and it was one of the best investments we've ever made! We use a blender so frequently, and we wanted one that would last. (We had gone through two blenders in less than 3 years of marriage, so we figured a good blender was a must have!) We LOVE our Vitamix!!!
In the recipe book that came with our blender, we've found a ton of delicious recipes. But, one recipe stands out as our absolute favorite! It's called the "Sailor Man Smoothie". Here's the recipe and some fabulous photos of my just-made Sailor Man Smoothie that I'm sipping on as I write this.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup grapes (we use green grapes in this recipe)
1/4 cup yogurt (we use vanilla)
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 banana (we use frozen)
1/2 apple, seeded
1/3 pineapple (we use frozen)
A few ice cubes (The recipe calls for 1 cup of ice, but since we use frozen bananas and pineapple, we only put about 3 ice cubes in ours.)
Place all ingredients in the blender in the order listed. (The softest ingredients need to go first to make for easier blending.)
Blend away. The Vitamix blends everything so well. It leaves NO chunks of spinach. You can't see or even taste the spinach! (I love spinach, but the thought of chunky spinach in my smoothie is not appealing!)
Here's the final product. YUM!!! And, I love the color!
Friday, March 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That looks so good! And yes, the color is so awesome!! We love our Vitamix too. We had a vitamix for 30 years and then the pitcher part rusted out on the bottom. The motor is fine. But we can't get a replacement pitcher because it is so old. So we just bought a new one. They are worth it.
It's true, I've tried it!
Delish!
oh wow that looks super yummy!!
Post a Comment