We saw The Hunger Games on Friday night, and we loved it! Jeff said it was "perfect", but I had a few things I think they could have done differently. I ALWAYS like the books better than the movies, but I think they did a really great job with the movie. (I really liked how they portrayed District 12 and how they showed the Gamemakers.) Jeff reminded me that the movie isn't meant to cover every part of the book. The movie is to give you a visual of the book. You go into the movie already having read the book, so you know the thoughts of the characters and certain details that happen. The movie doesn't need to spend a lot of time on developing these things because you can fill in the blanks. That all made sense to me, and it made me see things a little differently than I had.
I wouldn't have minded if the movie was a bit longer, even though it was already 2 1/2 hours. It didn't even seem like it was that long to me. But, yes, overall, we really, really liked it! We want to see it again. I give it 4 to 4 1/2 stars (out of 5, of course).
In other news, I've been having problems with my sciatic nerve for over a week now...as many of you know. I have trouble walking, and every time I move, I'm in pain. I've been using a heating pad and Jeff's been my personal massage therapist, but these things don't relieve the pain for very long. Many people have told me it will go away when I have Jackson (Great! That could be up to 14 more weeks!!!), but some people say their pain stopped after a few weeks. This is what I'm hoping for!!! I was so active up until my pain started, and it's killing me that I can't do very much. I've resorted to yoga, which isn't my favorite thing in the world. But, the stretching is probably good for my lower back pain. I miss my long walks and toning exercises!!!!
Here's a picture of me at 26 weeks. Almost in the 3rd trimester! Crazy! Enjoy!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
WHAT?!?!?! 14 more weeks? WOW!!! That is NOT long at all!! YOU LOOK SO SO CUTE!!!! You finally look pregnant!
I LOVED The Hunger Games too!! It was so much more true to the book than Twilight! And you know how I felt about that first Twilight movie. LOL
You look so cute!!! I love this photo of you! :)
I'm super happy the living situation is finally settled and you guys have got a good place. I miss you tons!
<3
Michelle
Oh my goodness! I've said it before and I will say it again YOU ARE SO TINY!!!! But of course, super cute!
You are so cute! I look like I swallowed a basketball :) Hope the pain gets better - a chiropractor is probably a good idea. Don't just put up with it if you don't have to, the last stretch seems the longest and you will want to feel as good as you can! Good thoughts and prayers coming your way :)
Post a Comment