Monday, March 19, 2012

Movies...

Last weekend, we watched Country Strong.  While, overall, the movie was a weak 3 out of 5 stars, I was very impressed with the lead actor's singing abilities. (No, not Tim McGraw.  I know he can sing.  I'm talking about the other guy.) For the first 30 minutes or so of the movie, I kept wondering why he looked familiar.  Then, it hit me.  He was in Tron!  Sometimes, I'm amazed at actor's singing voices.  Then again, they could be receiving help from some kind of special studio effect that makes them sound better than they are. Hmmm......



This past weekend, we watched a movie that we've both seen before.  Across the Universe.  I had only seen it one other time, and that was when Jeff and I were just starting to date over 3 years ago.  (Jeff actually held my hand for the first time during that movie.  Awwwwww.......)  Well, I didn't really remember much about the movie, other than the fact that the music rocks!  Jeff has always loved it.  So, after watching it this past weekend, I gave it a 1 out of 5 stars.  It's just so weird, and despite the fact that the music really is awesome, I told Jeff I have no desire to ever watch it again.  Jeff loves the music and the cinematography.  We've had many conversations regarding the actual movie itself, though...The plot and the weirdness of it all...He gives the plot about a 1, but the music and cinematography were each given like a 4 or 5.  (I can't quite remember.)  I guess for someone who is all into making movies, he really looks at different angles of the camera and different effects used.  I don't really notice these things.  To me, if a movie is bad, it's bad, despite the effects.  So, on this movie, we agree to disagree.  I know my mom HATED the movie when she watched it!  Now, after re-watching it, I can see why.  Ha!



One movie we are for sure to LOVE and agree upon comes out in 4 days!  Are you ready????  Because, I can hardly contain my excitement!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Price's said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE across the universe!!! have had the soundtrack since it came out and listen to it all the time. some of the songs are better then the originals, i think!!