Friday, March 16, 2012

No more turkey burgers for a while....

I love me a good turkey burger, but recently, I haven't had the best experiences with them.  A few weekends a go, Jeff and I decided to go down to the BBQ to grill up some turkey burgers for dinner.  We cleaned off the BBQ, made our burgers, and headed back to our apt to eat them.  As I was putting my burger on my plate, I noticed a dead mosquito on the edge of my burger.  Gross!  But, I just picked it off and made myself eat the burger anyways.  It grossed me out, but I didn't want to waste my burger.  HA!  I definitely can't say I enjoyed dinner that night!

Then, last weekend, we had a date night and went to Islands.  I love their Hawaiian turkey burgers (minus the onions and mayo and with the sauce on the side...oh yeah, and without the butter on the bun.  I'm picky!).  When my burger came, I ate my side salad and half of my burger.  It was delicious, and I was really looking forward to eating the second half.  Just as I was about to take a bite, I notice a huge, black hair on my plate. We're talking about 15 inches or so of hair!  BLAH!  I wanted to puke!  When it's your own hair, it's bad enough, but when it's someone else's, it's about a million times worse!!!!  I called over our waitress, and she got the manager.  I was really nice about it, and so was he.  He comped my meal and even gave me a gift card to come back again.  And, he offered to get me something else from the menu.  If I wouldn't have been so grossed out, I probably would have taken him up on the offer, but I decided to pass.

So, my lesson learned from these two experiences is that I'm not meant to eat a turkey burger for a while. I'm taking a break from them.

1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I hate it when that happens.